UK Payroll - Update Day
No dates scheduled yet.
This course has been designed to keep you up to date with any recent changes in UK payroll.
Please note that end of year procedures will not be covered on this course.
Topics covered on the day:
- Real Time Information – avoiding the common pitfalls
- Late filing penalties for small employers
- RTI concession for small employers
- New tax year checks
- Changes to new starter process
- Student Loans– including the introduction of Plan 2 Student Loan deductions
- Autumn Statement
- Spring Budget Changes
- National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage
- Forms P9X and P7X
- End of Contracting Out
- New NI categories
- NI thresholds and rates for 2016/2017
- Emergency Tax Code for 2016/ 2017
- Tax rates, tax bands and a new tax code
- Rates and thresholds for SSP, SMP, SPP, SAP and ShPP
- New Shared Parental Pay and Leave – brief overview
- Claiming the Employment Allowance including claiming for past years
- Tax relief on childcare vouchers and Basic Earnings Assessments
- Holiday Pay – what elements must be included
- The latest guidance for the tax year
- Payrolling Benefits-in-Kind – a brief overview
- Dispensations and trivial benefits
About the Lecturer
Linda Pullan has many years of hands on experience as the former Payroll Manager of the Daily Telegraph. She has spent over 20 years designing, writing and delivering payroll training courses and qualifications.
She is a member of a number of HMRC Government panels commenting on employment and payroll issues and guidance for employers and is on the committee of IReeN electronic exchange user group.
She was recently voted one of the Top 50 in payroll by Payroll World readers.
In 2008 she was awarded the Strathearn Award for Lifetime Achievement.
She is a regular speaker at payroll conferences including the IPASS Annual Payroll Conference & Exhibition and is a regular contributor to payroll magazines. She holds the Diploma in Payroll Management.
Attendance at this seminar may qualify for 7 CPD/CPE hours for members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland, the Irish Taxation Institute, the Law Society and the Institute of Accounting Technicians in Ireland.
Courses run from 10.00am - 4.30pm - tea/coffee on arrival. mid-morning & mid-afternoon and lunch will be provided.