No dates scheduled for this course just yet. Why not sign up for our alerts so you don't miss out on the the next date.
Updated for Finance Act 2017
This payroll course is specifically designed for anyone working in the payroll function who has payroll experience, understands the fundamental concepts relating to the operation of PAYE, PRSI, and the USC and who deals with some of the more complex payroll issues. All payroll personnel should take this opportunity to expand their knowledge in an ever changing work environment while building on the knowledge already achieved in attending the Practical Payroll course. Whether you work in payroll or are responsible for the payroll function you will find this course to be extremely valuable as it deals with the more complex issues payroll personnel encounter in their day to day work. No matter how experienced you are in operating payroll, we can guarantee that you will learn something new that you can bring back to work the following day!
Is this course for you?
- Do you know why PRD applies to some employees and not to others?
- Do you know how to calculate PRD for your employees?
- Are you aware of the responsibilities regarding Illness Benefit, Maternity Benefit and Paternity Benefit received by your employees?
- Are you unsure about the interaction of the Public Sector sick pay scheme, maternity pay scheme or paternity pay scheme with Illness Benefit, Maternity Benefit and Paternity Benefit?
- Are you required to explain any of these calculations on an employee's payslip?
If so, this is the course for you!
What is covered on the day?
- Who is liable to pay PRD?
- What is the definition of a Public Servant and a Public Service Body?
- Calculation of PRD using the PRD rates and thresholds
- Form PRD10 and PRD Certificates
- End of year review, PRD records and reporting requirements
- Payment in lieu of membership of a Public Service pension scheme
- Public Service pension reduction (PSPR)
- Taxation of Illness Benefit (new rules for 2018!), Maternity Benefit and Paternity Benefit
- Interaction of the Public Sector sick pay scheme, maternity pay scheme or paternity pay scheme with Illness Benefit, Maternity Benefit and Paternity Benefit
This course will contain a number of practical calculations - please bring a calculator
Who should attend this course?
This is an essential training course for anyone, who is responsible for the payroll function or works in a payroll function. Most people working in payroll have no structured training and they have to operate on the basis of what they have "picked up" over the years. No matter how experienced you are in the operation of payroll we can guarantee that you will learn something new and useful from this course.
Benefits of attending:
- An opportunity to put your questions to a payroll consultant who specialises in this area
- Small groups to allow time for individual attention and queries
- A detailed handout is supplied to each delegate - an invaluable reference document
- 30 day free telephone helpline service following date of course
This intermediate payroll course is being delivered by IPASS payroll consultants who have unrivalled knowledge and experience in the operation and calculation of PAYE, PRSI and USC.
Attendance at this seminar may qualify for 7 CPD/CPE hours for members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland, the Irish Taxation Institute, the Law Society; Accounting Technicians Ireland and other professional bodies.
Courses run from 10.00am - 4.30pm - tea/coffee on arrival. mid-morning & mid-afternoon and lunch will be provided.
|IPASS Member: €275|
|Non Member: €350|