How working together produces outstanding results
Presented by IPASS in association with LearningCurve
Dublin City Centre - 1st May 2018
Organisations which have put the concept of 'high performing payroll teams' into practice have all succeeded through creating dynamic, autonomous and highly approachable payroll teams which pass the test of time. High performing payroll teams do not happen by chance but are the result of good management, planned development and open communication.
This challenging one day training course is designed to ensure enhanced payroll team performance and efficiency. It will highlight the benefits of professionalism and working together to achieve organisational goals for your organisation.
Building a high performance team is not an event it is an ongoing business process.
We all know that good teamwork can give you an unbeatable advantage but how do you turn talented individual players into a high-performing team? The main aim of this training programme is to improve the performance of your payroll team by gaining a greater understanding of team dynamics and what drives a winning performance within a payroll team.
By the end of the training course, participants will:
- Be aware of the Principles of effective payroll team
- Understand the characteristics of high performing payroll teams
- Review the process in team formation as illustrated by Tuckman
- Have a sense of common purpose about why the payroll team exists and the function it serves.
- Set the standard of performance expectation by using the Expectancy Grid™
- Ensure all payroll team members are focused on delivering the payroll team goals
- Understand the Different Personalities and how they affect the payroll team
- Demonstrate the difference between Individual Functional and Team Roles
- Manage conflict within the payroll team
- Demonstrate effective feedback skills – the BEST Feedback™
- Be able to set the standard for team performance and define what value each person brings to the payroll team
- Establish an environment in which all team members feel responsibility for the performance of the payroll team.
- Identify how best to apply what you learn on this course in your own working environment
The programme aims to maximise participation from the participants in discussions, group exercises and practical role-plays. The style is informal and the content informative. At each stage there is an emphasis on individual action; what are you going to do differently?
About the LecturerSean McLoughney, founder of LearningCurve, is a sought after learning and development specialist, author and speaker. Since 2001 he has helped over 10,000 professionals at every level to improve their performance. In addition to his work with LearningCurve, Sean is a senior lecturer for IPASS as well as a senior lecturer (F1-Accountant in Business -ACCA) for Independent Colleges. He also wrote, designed and delivers the highly successful Diploma in Managing People for Chartered Accountants Ireland. Sean is also a successful author and has written two books and numerous articles. His first book "Slave to the Clock, Master of Time" helps you improve your time management skills and is available in bookshops around the country as well as online through Chartered Accountants Ireland. He also delivers the popular time management course "Planning your day to achieve your Business Results" based on his book.
Attendance at this seminar may qualify for 7 CPD/CPE hours for members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, the Association of Chartered Accountants, the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland, the Law Society, Accounting Technicians Ireland and other professional bodies.
Courses run from 10.00am - 4.30pm - tea/coffee on arrival, mid-morning/afternoon and lunch will be provided.
IPASS Member: €275.00
Non Member: €350.00