No dates scheduled for this course yet.
This course highlights employers' challenges, responsibilities and obligations to all key parties involved with pensions and automatic enrolment, to enable compliance within the set timeline.
Aimed at.....Individuals who are responsible for payroll processes, automatic enrolment and re-enrolment within their organisations, typically working in payroll, HR or finance.
What Will I learn? This illuminating course explains the legal and payroll-related implications of the planning and introduction of automatic enrolment and re-enrolment or pensions, as well as highlighting why an arrangement may or may not be effective or successful.
You will understand your employer's responsibilities towards the various statutory bodies including HMRC, the Department for Work and Pensions and The Pension Regulator. The focus is on the implications for employers and employees with particular emphasis on payroll processing and procedures.
Pensions for Payroll
- How tax relief is obtained on different types of pension schemes
- Significance of 'tax approval' and its effect on tax relief
- Earnings and remuneration for pensions and the earnings cap
- Review of all certification needed for tax approval
- The significance of the upper accrual point and its effect on the NI calculation
- Pensions - domestic and expats
- Employer's contribution to the pension scheme
- Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVC)
- Pension cap in tax year, defined contribution, defined benefit
Overview of automatic enrolment
- Assessing the workforce for automatic enrolment
- The different categories of 'worker'
- Employer duties
- Automatic enrolment schemes
- Qualifying schemes
Recurring obligation of re-enrolment
- Date of anniversary
- Flexibility and variation
- Notification to various parties
Assessing workers and earnings pay reference periods
- Determining the pay reference period
- Earnings period or tax period
- Effects on assessment and contributions processes
- Employer's duties
- Processing worker status
- Refunds of contributions
- The requirements when, what and how
“The course leader was fantastic, so friendly and fun. She made the course a fun day with lots of information provided extra to the CIPP standard and really easy to follow and understand. Would recommend this day to anyone. Thank you!” Hannah Dollimore ACIPP, Interim Assistant Payroll Manager, C & J Clark International Limited
Benefits of attending:
- - An opportunity to put your questions to a specialist payroll consultant
- - Small groups to allow time for individual attention and queries
- - A detailed handout is supplied to each delegate - an invaluable reference document
- - 30 day free telephone helpline service following date of course
This practical payroll course is being delivered by a CIPP payroll consultant who has unrivalled knowledge and experience in the operation and calculation of UK payroll.
Attendance at this seminar may qualify for 7 CPD/CPE hours for members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland, the Irish Taxation Institute, the Law Society and the Institute of Accounting Technicians in Ireland.
Courses run from 10.00am - 4.30pm - tea/coffee on arrival. mid-morning & mid-afternoon and lunch will be provided.
IPASS Member: €320.00
Non Members: €400.00