Day 2 - VAT Treatment of Services
Dublin West, Wednesday 28th September
This 1 day course is a comprehensive interactive training course designed for people who are responsible for any aspect of a company’s VAT obligations. It is ideal for those who have never undergone a structured VAT training course, or for those who wish to undergo a comprehensive VAT refresher course. The course will dispel many of the common myths and misunderstandings which arise in relation to the Irish VAT System. This course is designed to cover the most important principles of the operation of the Irish VAT System and it is suitable for staff of all levels, who wish to gain a thorough understanding of these essential principles. Delegates are entitled to a follow up telephone support for a period of 30 days and they will each receive comprehensive course notes which will serve as an invaluable reference document.
Who should attend this course?
Finance managers, accountants, accounts staff and staff members with responsibility for the financial and legislative obligations of their organisation.
Anyone who wishes to be pro-active in their approach to legislative and financial compliance and anyone who wished to undergo a refresher course in the operation of the Irish VAT System.
Benefits of Attending
- An opportunity to put your questions to an ex-Revenue Inspector who specialises in this area
- Small groups to allow time for individual attention and queries
- A detailed handout is supplied to each delegate - an invaluable reference document
- This course will pay for itself many times over
- 30 day free VAT telephone helpline service following date of course
Topics covered on the day
- Amount on which VAT is chargeable - one of the most problematic areas in VAT
- Return of Trading Details – revised RTD Form and filing on ROS
- Accounting for VAT - Cash Receipts Basis v Sales/Invoice Basis
- Comprehensive explanation of the Place of Supply of Services Rules received from abroad - when foreign VAT is correctly chargeable and when it is not
- VAT on international transport services
- VAT on Construction Services - when to charge VAT and when the customer must self account for VAT
- Fixtures and Fittings - the difference from a VAT perspective!
- VAT chargeable on goods and services supplied to foreign customers
- When does the Irish customer have to self account for Irish VAT?
- When does the foreign supplier have to register for and charge Irish VAT?
- What are the customer's obligations when the supplier does not apply VAT correctly?
- How to determine the correct rate of VAT?
- Disposal of company assets - is VAT chargeable?
- VAT on Finance Charges: Hire Purchase v Leasing - the essential differences explained and how they may affect you
Who will present this course?
This course is presented by a professionally qualified ex-Revenue Inspector who will explain in detail, all the VAT implications of dealing with international transactions. Questions are welcomed on all aspects of VAT legislation.
Attendance at this seminar may qualify for 7 CPD/CPE hours for members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland, the Irish Taxation Institute, the Law Society; Accounting Technicians Ireland and other professional bodies.
Courses run from 10.00am - 4.30pm - tea/coffee on arrival. mid-morning & mid-afternoon and lunch will be provided.
|IPASS Member: €260||Non Member: €335|