Dublin City Centre - Thursday 19th October
This advanced payroll course is specifically designed for anyone working in or managing the payroll function and deals with the more complex payroll issues. All payroll personnel should take this opportunity to expand their knowledge in an ever changing work environment while building on the knowledge already achieved in attending the Practical and Intermediate Payroll for the Public Sector courses. Whether you work in payroll or are responsible for the payroll function you will find this course to be extremely valuable as it deals with the more complex issues payroll personnel encounter in their day to day work. No matter how experienced you are in operating payroll, we can guarantee that you will learn something new that you can bring back to work the following day!
Is this course for you?
- Do you need to know what payments are subject to PAYE and those that are not?
- Are you unsure about the tax treatment of holiday pay which is paid in advance?
- Do you make post cessation payments?
- Do you know your employer’s LPT obligations?
- Are you responsible for paying expenses to your employees – are you are aware of the rules?
- Do you pay expenses to members of State/State Sponsored Committees?
- Do you know how to treat payments from a Permanent Health Insurance Scheme?
- Do you know how to calculate a termination payment for an employee in the most tax efficient manner?
- Do you know what PRSI class applies to Directors of State Bodies and State Companies?
- Do you know the common problems that arise on PAYE audits?
If so, this is the course for you!
What is covered on the day?
- Payments regarded as pay for tax purposes
- Payments not regarded as pay for tax purposes
- Tax treatment of advance payments to include holiday pay
- Tax treatment of post cessation payments
- Reimbursement of expenses to employees
- Payment of Civil Service motor travel and subsistence rates
- Payment of expenses to members of State/State Sponsored Committees
- Payment of round sum allowances
- Removal and relocation expenses
- Local Property Tax – an employer’s obligations
- Contributions to and payments from PHI schemes
- Termination Payments to include statutory redundancy, basic exemption, increased exemption, SCSB, life time limit and reporting requirements
- Advanced PRSI issues to include the PRSI class that applies to payments made to Directors of State Bodies and State Companies, job-sharers, JobsPlus, modified rate contributors, together with PRSI overpayments and refunds
- Common problems arising on PAYE Audits
This course will contain a number of practical PAYE, PRSI and USC calculations - please bring a calculator
Who should attend this course?
This is an essential training course for anyone, who is responsible for the payroll function or works in a payroll function dealing with the more complex payroll issues. Most people working in payroll have no structured training and they have to operate on the basis of what they have "picked up" over the years. No matter how experienced you are in the operation of payroll we can guarantee that you will learn something new and useful from this course.
Benefits of attending:
- An opportunity to put your questions to a taxation consultant who specialises in this area
- Small groups to allow time for individual attention and queries
- A detailed handout is supplied to each delegate - an invaluable reference document
- 30 day free telephone helpline service following date of course
This advanced payroll course is being delivered by an IPASS payroll consultant who has unrivalled knowledge and experience in the operation and calculation of PAYE, PRSI and USC.
Attendance at this seminar may qualify for 7 CPD/CPE hours for members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland, the Irish Taxation Institute, the Law Society; Accounting Technicians Ireland and other professional bodies.
Courses run from 10.00am - 4.30pm - tea/coffee on arrival. mid-morning & mid-afternoon and lunch will be provided.
|IPASS Member: €260||Non Member: €335|