Dublin City - Wed. 30th May 2018
Updated for Finance Act 2017
This advanced payroll course is designed for anyone working in or managing the payroll function and deals with the more complex payroll issues. All payroll personnel should take this opportunity to expand their knowledge in an ever changing work environment while building on the knowledge already achieved in attending the Practical and Intermediate Payroll courses. Whether you work in payroll or are responsible for the payroll function you will find this course to be extremely valuable as it deals with the more complex issues payroll personnel encounter in their day to day work. No matter how experienced you are in operating payroll, we can guarantee that you will learn something new that you can bring back to work the following day!
Is this course for you?
- Do you fully understand all the aspects of your company pension scheme?
- Do you know the difference between a PRSA and a retirement annuity contract?
- Do you know how to treat payments from a Permanent Health Insurance Scheme?
- Do you know how to calculate a termination payment for an employee in the most tax efficient manner?
- Are you aware of the rules regarding PRSI and family employments?
- Do you know the common problems that arise on PAYE audits?
If so, this is the course for you!
What is covered on the day?
- Revenue approved company pension schemes
- PRSAs and Retirement Annuity contracts
- Tax deductible pension contributions
- Options on leaving employment before retirement
- Pension adjustment orders
- Benefits on retirement
- Taxation of pension lump sums
- Contributions to and payments from PHI schemes
- PAYE and PRSI treatment of Directors’ fees and salaries
- Advanced PRSI issues to include PRSI and family employments, change in PRSI class on reaching pension age, the PRSI class that applies to payments made to job-sharers, JobsPlus, together with PRSI overpayments and refunds
- Termination Payments to include statutory redundancy, basic exemption, increased exemption, SCSB, life time limit and reporting requirements
- Tax treatment of employment law compensation payments
- Common problems arising on PAYE Audits
This course will contain a number of practical PAYE, PRSI and USC calculations - please bring a calculator
Who should attend this course?
This is an essential training course for anyone, who is responsible for the payroll function or works in a payroll function dealing with the more complex payroll issues. Most people working in payroll have no structured training and they have to operate on the basis of what they have "picked up" over the years. No matter how experienced you are in the operation of payroll we can guarantee that you will learn something new and useful from this course.
Benefits of attending:
- An opportunity to put your questions to a specialist payroll consultant
- Small groups to allow time for individual attention and queries
- A detailed handout is supplied to each delegate - an invaluable reference document
- 30 day free telephone helpline service following date of course
This practical payroll course is being delivered by an IPASS payroll consultant who has unrivalled knowledge and experience in the operation and calculation of PAYE, PRSI and USC.
Attendance at this seminar may qualify for 7 CPD/CPE hours for members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland, the Irish Taxation Institute, the Law Society; Accounting Technicians Ireland and other professional bodies.
Courses run from 10.00am - 4.30pm - tea/coffee on arrival. mid-morning & mid-afternoon and lunch will be provided.
IPASS Member: €275.00
Non Member: €350.00