1 Day Training Course for Payroll Personnel, HR & Finance Personnel
(PRD dealt with on Advanced Day)
No dates currently scheduled for 2013
This extremely practical course deals with all of the issues, which are important to anyone working in, or responsible for, the payroll function. The course covers all of the essential rules in the operation of PAYE, PRSI and the USC and it outlines the rights and obligations of both employers and employees. Whether you are new to payroll or have years of experience, you won’t find a more comprehensive or useful course.
Who should attend this course?
This is an essential training course for anyone, who is responsible for the payroll function, works in a payroll function or is about to start work in a payroll function. Most people working in payroll have no structured training and they have to operate on the basis of what the have “picked up” over the years. No matter how experienced you are in the operation of PAYE, PRSI and USC we can guarantee that you will learn something new and useful from this course.
- Why you should not have blind faith in your payroll software
- Operation and Calculation of PAYE – Calculation of Income Tax Liability, Certificate of Tax Credits and Standard Rate Cut-Off Point (SRCOP), New employees, Tax rates, PAYE calculations, Increase/Decrease in SRCOP.
- Basis of Assessment – Cumulative Basis, First Employment, Commencements with and without a P45, Emergency Basis with and without a PPS Number, Week1/Month 1 (non-cumulative) Basis, Week 53, Temporary Week 1 Basis, Cessations and issue of P45s and USC Certificates.
- Pay Related Social Insurance (PRSI) System – Operation of the PRSI System, PRSI Classes and subclasses (A, B, C, D & H, J, M) – including the issues regarding subsidiary employments, Employer and Employee PRSI Contributions, Employer Job (PRSI) Incentive Scheme, PRSI Calculations.
- Universal Social Charge (USC) – Exemptions, Medical Card Holders, Operation of the USC, Gross Income liable to the USC, Holiday Pay, Expenses, Redundancy Payments and Termination Payments, Pensions, Arrears of Pay, Week 53, End of Year Review, Revenue Returns and Records.
- Pay for Tax Purposes – Payments regarded as pay for tax purposes (some surprises guaranteed), Deductions from Pay, Payments made after date of cessation, Payments made to the Estate of a Deceased Employee, Income earned in one tax year but paid in the next tax year, Employee retiring on a pension paid by the employer or paid under a new Employer Registration Number, Payments not regarded as pay for tax purposes (some surprises guaranteed).
- Revenue Return Forms – P30, P35, P35L, P35L/T, P35LF, P60, P45, USC Certificate.
- Revenue On-Line Service (ROS) – Filing returns electronically, Benefit of ROS, Becoming a ROS customer, Using ROS, PAYE Anytime for PAYE Taxpayers.
This course also includes:
- A number of practical PAYE, PRSI and USC calculations
- An opportunity to put your questions to a taxation consultant who specialises in this area
- Small groups to allow time for individual attention and queries
- A detailed handout is supplied to each delegate – an invaluable reference document
- Book now as places are strictly limited
- This course will pay for itself many times over
- 30 day free telephone helpline service following date of course
Attendance at this seminar may qualify for 7 CPD/CPE hours for members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland, the Irish Taxation Institute, the Law Society; the Institute of Accounting Technicians in Ireland and other professional bodies.
Courses run from 10.00am - 4.30pm - tea/coffee on arrival. mid-morning & mid-afternoon and lunch will be provided.